Starting out on your own can feel really daunting.
But lucky for you there is tons of information available to help you out.
Government support is one of the best places to start looking:
- England – National Enterprise Network
- Scotland – Business Gateway
- Northern Ireland – NI Business Info
- Wales – Business Wales
They can offer a wide variety of help such as:
- 1-to-1 confidential (and free) advice.
- Courses to learn about accounting, sales, marketing and more.
- Events to meet and network with other start-ups and investors.
- Funding via grants and loans (subject to availability).
There are a huge variety of companies and schemes wanting to help you along the journey so don’t be afraid to ask for help!
If your in search of support and guidance for a particular industry then you might want to try getting a mentor on board. An experienced business professional can be a great person to have on your team as they can make your business more reputable to investors, guide you from their experiences and much more. Check out mentorsme.co.uk to find a mentor in your industry and area.
These programmes are designed to accelerate and scale the growth of your business, provide contacts, space to work in and much more. They are hugely popular for Technological (tech) savvy businesses and they tend to look for young businesses that have the potential to become massive companies. Check out whats in your area on www.f6s.com.
Whatever you do, it is best to conduct as much research as you can before parting with any money/or slices of your business first!